(UPDATED Sept 1, 2020)
Below is the
current proposed list of COVID-19 Mitigation Policies for South Bay PONY
Baseball to resume activities. These policies may be
updated at any time, based upon new information or guidance from
official sources. We are following
guidance from Manhattan Beach Parks & Rec, Manhattan Beach City Council, LA
County Health Department, and the Center for Disease Control. Any changes will be communicated to Coaches
and/or parents via the email we have on file for you in our Registration system.
In the COVID-19
Environment, practices and games will NOT be exactly like normal PONY practices
and games. There will be some rule
differences and process differences. The
purpose of practices and games in a COVID-19 Environment is to give our
children an outlet for healthy physical activity, safe social interaction, and
the continued development of their baseball skills. Our community’s physical health and mental
health are of paramount importance.
At this time, only team practices will be allowed. Only drills and skills development with social distancing. Games between teams and intra-squad scrimmages will not be allowed. This may change if conditions change and County/City guidelines allow it.
South Bay PONY Baseball Safe Restart Plan
LEAGUE SAFETY POLICIES
- All Parents must sign a COVID19 Release, acknowledging the inherent risk of participating in any activity while COVID19 is present in the community.
- All Participants and Coaches must commit to notifying the league immediately if they test positive for COVID19. The league will not ever share any information about specific individuals, but we must notify other participants that they have been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
- We will send an email to all Parents with our COVID19 Mitigation Strategy, and will send additional communication if/when policies change. As we continue to learn more and the conditions change, we do expect to have changes to our policies throughout the season.
- Players and Family Members may not come to the field if they have any COVID19 symptoms or if they have recently been in contact with anyone who is known to have COVID19. It is our collective responsibility to be cautious and look out for one another.
- Coaches will complete a Health Check for every player before every league activity.
- We are focused on fun and getting the kids outside to experience some normalcy. This is for the physical health as well as mental health of our players.
- There will be signs at every field with COVID Mitigation Rules. Please respect and follow the rules.
- SBP will provide each Head Coach with Hand Sanitizer, Disinfectant Wipes, Gloves with First Aid Kit.
- SBP will provide all participants with SBP masks at the start of the season.
- No sharing Helmets, Gloves, Bats, or other Equipment.
- No sharing Water Bottles, no Team Snacks, no Snack Stand.
- No Sunflower Seeds, Gum, or Candy at the fields.
- No spitting or licking fingers.
- No High Fives, Handshakes, or other Unnecessary Contact
- All Players, Spectators, and Coaches must wear Face Masks
- Only 1 Parent/Family Member per Player at the field (excluding coaches).
- No Siblings (excluding those who play on the same team)
- No Spectators beyond the 1 Family Member per Player
- All Spectators must stay off the field. Only Players and Coaches allowed on the field.
- Coach runs a Health Screen check-in for each player
- Ask questions about symptoms and exposure to anyone who has tested positive.
- Players will sanitize hands before and after the practice/scrimmage
- Dugouts Closed to Players, Coaches may use the dugouts for storage only.
- Coaches will use cones to identify where players should place their bags and belongings during practice. The cone locations should be spread out at least 10 ft.
- Intra-squad scrimmages are not allowed at this time. Skills development and practicing with social distancing only.
PICK UP/DROP OFF PROTOCOLS
- All Parents, Coaches, and Players must wear a mask during Pick-Up & Drop-Off
- When possible, we will create a designated Entrance and a designated Exit, so players flow in one way and out another.
- Coaches will perform a Health Check for each Player at Drop-Off
- In order to participant, there must be NO COVID Symptoms for Players or anyone in their Household
- Parents may not stay on the field for practice. They must leave the field through the designated exit.
- If Parents watch practice from outside the field, they cannot use the bleachers and must socially distance.
PROTOCOLS IF PARTICIPANT BECOMES INFECTED
- All Players and Coaches commit during registration to notifying the league if they test positive for COVID19
- If Player or Coach tests positive, the entire team is shut down for 14 days
- Everyone on the team will be notified of the positive test, but no names will be used. Only communication that there was a positive test on the team.
- Participant who tested positive may not return to league activities until they have had a negative test.